Monday, October 08, 2012

 
I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth, I've been having computer issues. My beloved, now 5 & 1/2 year old MacBook Pro with the 17 inch screen was refusing to install new applications I needed and it turned out that the opersating system was severely obsolete. Problem was that a new operating system could not be installed on the old machine. Long story short, there was a fully rebuilt 17 inch MacBook in the shop (important because they're not building 17 inch screens any more). I've purchased it and the shop will transfer everything, so I'll eventually be back. Hope you all had a good Columbus Day Holiday!

Comments:
Yay! I was just thinking that you had been conspicuous by your silence, Will. Glad to know that the problem is solved and the solution will be in your hands imminently!
 
I spent the day in celebration by barging into people's homes and telling them how to be more European.
 
Oh, by the way, this did not work in one abode; when I got in there were Danes already there.
 
I was going to drive over to Sarah Palin's house and try to 'discover it' and claim it for my people but I saw on the news she was out of town.
 
It makes me crazy how often they feel they have to update operating systems, and then the software you have won't work with the new one, and the software you need to use won't work with the old one. Whenever I get a message saying I need to update a piece of software, I am afraid if I do it won't work with my operating system, and then I know if I upgrade my operating system I have a number of things that won't work. I don't want to sound paranoid, but I really think this is a plot designed to keep us spending money on minor improvements or even updates that aren't improvements, that we don't even need.
 
A thought, Kathy, that has occurred to me many times. I am sure of it in regards to the frequent release of new cell phones that imnvariably set off a frenzy of buying by people who already bought every previous phone.
 
Looking forward to hearing about the trip and seeing the pics you will hopefully be posting soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?