Sunday, December 05, 2010

 
I'm trying to work through an injury to my left knee that I suffered on the hillside above the house, breaking soil and removing huge amounts of rock from a garden patch to be planted next spring.  It will feature low bush blueberries, black huckleberries and a small varriety of flowering bushes and ground covers.  The grade on that part of the hillside is steep and part of what I was doing was taking the bigger rocks I was digging up and using them to terrace the various sections of the giant paisley-shaped plot whose curved form hugs a set of steps I had set into the ground a couple of years ago.

Well, with parts of the ground I was clearing covered by small loose stones, other parts covered in matted down grass that was slippery.  With all that under foot, I went down on my left leg which twisted slightly so the side of my knee hit the ground on some rock.  I can walk perfectly well but any bending of the knee is painful not in the front, and not in the joint, but across the back of the knee that also stiffens up seriously whenever I sit for more than about five minutes.

After several days of doing all the right things with no improvement, I went to the doctor Friday for an exam and x-ray.  I'll hear the results tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I'm doing a lot of work in the house.  Our Christmas gifts are 90% wrapped and at least 3/4 of the cards are addressed and stamped.  I've never been this far ahead before!

Comments:
I hope that you feel better soon. Pain sucks!
Congrats on your Christmas shopping/wrapping. Fred does all of it at our house. I basically just show up on Christmas morning and take pictures.
Your Friend, m.
 
See what being trapped in the house can do (ahead on xmas stuff).

Best of luck with the knee. (I'd say break a leg but I think you might take that too literally.)
 
Sorry to hear about you injury. Shall I kiss it and make it better?
 
Oh dear - more x-rays beckon. Your garden's worth it. What did I say in recent circumstances - could have been better, but could have been worse.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?