Thursday, January 01, 2009

 

A Great 2009 to you all!

I've been wondering what's going to happen to the count-down timer for the Bush presidency once his calamitous term is finally over in less than three weeks. I suppose it's too much to hope for that it starts blinking "The stupid little s.o.b. is out of here!"

We're wrapping up the third day of our annual gay guys' New Years house party. We were supposed to be 18 men this year but one couple dropped out due to seasonal illness and one of our friends had to travel to New Haven for a very important job interview on Wednesday, so there are 15 of us and it's been a lot of fun.

Yesterday I managed to exhaust myself pushing the big Ariens snowblower for several hours so I've been taking it easy today, assisted by a cache of recent Unzipped magazines one guy brought. Anyone so inclined might want to check out the web for pictures of Damon Danilo who is OUTRAGEOUSLY hot and vibrant.


We're having our big dress-up dinner this evening to celebrate a 2009 that is bringing with so much hope of change from the stagnation, incompetence, and meanness of spirit that we've had to endure for the last eight years.

Speaking of which, one of our friends sent a video that nicely satirizes some big events of 2008. I'd never heard of Uncle Jay before, but this is very witty. I haven't had any luck trying to get one of those video screens onto the blog no matter how hard I've tried, but here's the URL and once you get there click on December 20, 2008: http://www.unclejayexplains.com

The Best and Worst of 2008 Meme, courtesy of Citywoof:

Happiest Event of 2008? Moving into the new house and finding it was better than we’d dreamed;


Worst part of 2008: Being immobilized for weeks with a broken ankle;
Most unusual activity I participated in during 2008: Acting as stonemason and discovering I wasn’t too bad at it;
Most enjoyable trip I took this year? Riverboat cruise up the Rhone and Saone Rivers in Provence and Burgundy'
Most exciting theater experiences? The monumental, surpassingly imaginative production of Bernd Aloys Zimmermann’s opera Die Soldaten at the Park Avenue Armory, NYC;


Most Embarrassing: I’ve tried to come up with one and haven’t managed it. I think I actually didn’t embarrass myself this year!
Best Movie: Milk; Runner-up: Up the Yangtzee;
Best CD: The late Lorraine Hunt Lieberson’s Wigmore Hall recital;
Most Exciting Night? Election day—precisely at 11pm when the west coast polls closed and Charles Gibson said, ”Ladies and gentlemen, Barack Obama is the next president of the United States."
Biggest Disappointment? The Prop 8 fiasco in California. However, I persist in considering it a speed bump in the road to full enfranchisement rather than an insurmountable obstacle.

Comments:
Funny that we're THAT close (Albany) and not there. We just spent the evening and overnight with six other gentlemen in very nice home out in the countryside of the country. Happy new Year!
 
Happy new year to you. I hope your views of Prop 8 is prophetic.
 
A very happy New Year to you and Fritz. I'm happy to hear you were able to bring it in with so many friends.
 
Happy New Year! It was great seeing you guys.
 
The very best to you both for the New Year too. I am sooooooo jealous of that picture postcard view of your house. Its beautiful. We didn't even get a little bit of snow. :-( Not so far anyway. Sending you hairy hugs to keep you both warm :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?