Friday, December 26, 2008
17 January, 1927--25 December, 2008
This is a "favorite things" meme. I promise there are no whiskers on kittens or brown paper packages tied up with string anywhere in the answers. It comes, with thanks, from Yves Paul's Melodramatic Diary of a Cynic:
Fill in your favorite for each of the following:
1. Political show: Washington Week in Review. Runner up: The Colbert Report
2. Picnic food: Chicken Salad, with really good deviled eggs coming in a close second.
3. Mixed drink: Gin & Tonic, extremely cold
4. U.S. President: J.F.K.
5. Kind of student to teach: One who values knowledge for itself, not just as a stepping stone to the kind of job to which it might lead.
6. Hobby you do or wish you still did: Gardening (do); building scale models of historic buildings out of toothpicks (did)
7. Sports commentator: None—they scream at the top of their voices. It's exhausting and totally unnecessary.
8. Sport to watch on TV: Ice dancing. Yes, I’m that gay.
9. Animal to have as a pet: Cats, always and forever.
10. Halloween costume you have worn: This year, Vlad Dracul—yes, Dracula himself.
11. Kind of dessert: Fruit pies, but I can always be seued by chocolate.
12. Comic strip: Dilbert.
13. Ice cream flavor: Cookie dough.
14. News source: BBC International Service.
15. Vacation spot: Europe.
16. Wine: Dry whites (Pinot Grigio).
17. Way to waste time instead of working: Answering memes on my blog :-)
18. Reality show: I hate them all. Boy Meets Boy was tolerable for all the handsome half-naked men, but it was gay, so it was dropped very fast.
19. Children's movie: The Little Mermaid—for Pat Carroll’s Ursula the Sea Witch above and beyond anything else.
20. Celebrity you wish would retire: Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, et al.
I was glad to meet her this year, and shake her hand.