Wednesday, June 09, 2004
Fritz had as good a day today as he a=had a bad one yesterday: focused, with his wicked sense of humor back in action, he was very much the man I fell in love with. We did learn that we won't be going on our July road trip across the U.S. and back. They will have him on a coronary rehabilitation program that lastsa about two months. Most of all, I will miss getting to sleep with my man in my daughter and smart-ass son-in-law's guest room now that we are married and "respectable."
With credit to Jeff (Jeff and Moe) from whom this was lifted:
1. What time do you get up?
I don't need much sleep. I wake up 5:00 to 5:30am and am very "up" at the time. But get out of bed no later than 6am. Yes, it means what you think it does
2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person who is living, who would it be?
3. Gold or silver?
Silver--it's my metal
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
5. What is your favorite TV Show?
One of the Law and Orders
6. What do you have for breakfast?
Fruit, toast, yogurt or an omlet
7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with?
George W. Bush. I would become uncontrolably violent and the little s.o.b. isn't actually worth doing a minute's worth of hard time over. Second choice, Fred Phelps
8. What is your middle name?
9. Beach, City or Country?
Country, but with access to a city for my fix of #20
10. Favorite ice cream?
11. Butter, plain or salted popcorn?
Popped in olive oil infused with mild Indian curry (and to think there was a time when I wondered whether or not I was gay)
12. Favorite color?
Earth tones--rust or deep saffron orange in particular
13. What kind of car do you drive?
Jeep Cherokee for the butch side of me
14. Favorite sandwich?
15. What characteristic do you despise?
16. Favorite flower?
The warratah. It's Australian
17. If you could go anywhere in the world on a vacation, where would you go?
18. What color is your bathroom?
Deep burgundy hand sponged over limestone gold (see #11, above)
19. Favorite brand of clothing?
Anything in a totally natural fiber that doesn't look like the uniform du jour that everyone else is wearing. In a pinch, a quirky thrift shop find. Or something I have rebuilt and embroidered my self (hit #11 again)
20. Where would you like to retire to?
Somewhere in walking distance of an opera house, several theaters, a great museum and a world-class library. But New York City is too crowded, so--Fritz's place.
21. Favorite day of the week?
22. What did you do for your last birthday?
Dinner on the deck of a wonderul seafood restaurant on the New Hampshire coast with Fritz under a full moon
23. Where were you born?
New York, NY
24. Favorite sport to watch?
25. Who do you least expect to send this back to you?
26. Person you expect to send it back first?
Waiting to be surprised
27. Coke or Pepsi?
Great Western Chardonnay Grape Brut Champagne
28. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning, with a night owl extension (see #1, above)
29. What is your shoe size?
9. It does not indicate the size of anything else. Fritz is a size 13. It does
30. Favorite quote or philosophy in life?
"I live through risk. Without risk there is no art. You should always be on the edge of a cliff about to fall down and break your neck." Carlos Fuentes