Friday, August 08, 2003

 
This is a new direction for me, journaling and doing it in public. I have wanted to write for a very long time and my fascination with reading the blogs of others, particularly of my fellow gay men, has led me to begin a blog of my own.

I live in Boston where I moved to study stage design in the early 1960s. I had grown up in New York City (72nd Street and Broadway at first, Rego Park in Queens later) and will probably always be a New Yorker at heart but I fell in love with Boston and stayed through grad school and then into a career designing for theater, opera and special events.

For the last 28 years I have had a base of operation in Music and Theater Arts at MIT where I am Technical Coordinator for Theater Arts, designing and teaching design, facilitating guest artists, scheduling and budgeting for productions.

I have two adopted daughters from Korea whom I raised as a single parent. One is
married and working in environmental policy in Colorado. The other lives in NYC and works in the human relations field. I have a magnificent partnerwho lives in southern New Hampshire. We've been together just over six years and since we are each established in our own careers and he manages his own business on his property, we're commuter lovers although close enough to be together a lot.

So, there it is: a highly varied, busy, sometimes chaotic but always rewarding life. Whether any of you will find it remotely interesting remains to be seen!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?